About the Role
As an Associate Mechanical Engineer, you will play a key role in the product development process, focusing on CAD design, rapid prototyping, and product testing. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or an early-career professional with a background in mechanical engineering to contribute to innovative medical device projects.
We're growing fast! You will be joining us at an exciting stage of company growth therefore we’re looking for a highly motivated and talented mechanical engineer to join our team. You'll work alongside a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about using technology to improve healthcare.
We are self-driven and inspire others to continue to build on existing skills by giving you the tools you need to do so. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity to apply your mechanical engineering skills to the development of life-saving medical technology, ZiO Health is the place for you.
- Utilise CAD software to create detailed designs for plastic parts, ensuring they meet product specifications and quality standards
- Apply knowledge of design for manufacturing and assembly principles to optimize product development processes
- Conduct lab-based testing to prototype and validate new product ideas, contributing to the overall product development process.
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure seamless integration of mechanical designs into the overall product concept
- Manage and deliver project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Design and build test jigs and fixtures to improve the production and assembly of critical components.
- Prepare component and assembly drawings and BoMs compliant with UK, EU, US and other relevant standards.
- Contribute to product documentation, including risk management, design outputs, and design verification.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience, with a focus on plastic injection molding
- Proficiency with CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks, Onshape, Fusion360).
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing / design for injection moulding principles
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience with product development in the medical device industry.
- Previous experience with plastic part design.
- Familiarity with design control processes.
- Strong attention to detail with the potential to take initiative, resolve problems, and work independently.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions or to challenge assumptions
- You proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without the need for someone to tell you to do so.
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy.
- You are a team player who is able to effectively communicate ideas to technical and non-technical colleagues, and contribute positively to brainstorming activities
- You have effective project and time management skills, including clear and timely recording and reporting.
- You are impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and work environment.
- You are comfortable with both hands-on tasks and with taking a step back to think strategically.
About ZiO Health
ZiO Health is a medical technology & digital health company that has developed proprietary pocket sized technology, bringing lab testing to the point of use.
We are changing the way we approach therapeutic drug monitoring and precision dosing. Our proprietary biosensor technology combined with AI-guided dosing allows us to provide immediate concentration results and personalized dose information to improve patient treatment outcomes and minimizing toxicity.
How to Apply
If you're interested in applying for this position, please send us a short introduction and your CV to email@example.com