About the Role
We are currently seeking an Electronics/Firmware Engineer to increase our Engineering team. As an Electronics/Firmware Engineer, you will contribute to the development of the electronic circuit and PCB designs, and/or firmware architecture of our cutting-edge analytical devices.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or an early-career professional with a background in electronic/firmware engineering to contribute to innovative medical device projects as you will collaborate closely with our R&D and engineering teams in London and Shenzhen to implement, test, and deploy these solutions.
We're growing fast! You will be joining us at an exciting stage of company growth therefore we’re looking for passionate, driven people to help execute our ambitious growth plans. You will be working with a diverse, creative, team of experts focused on developing innovative technology to maximise impact on society. We are self-driven and inspire others to continue to build on existing skills by giving you the tools you need to do so.
We are self-driven and inspire others to continue to build on existing skills by giving you the tools you need to do so. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity to apply your expertise to the development of life-saving medical technology, ZiO Health is the place for you.
- Finding components, and managing the components library
- Designing and reviewing schematics, and PCB layout
- Improving existing designs
- Supporting the certification process
- Programming Nordic Semiconductor's latest nRF5 series SoCs
- Writing clean and scalable code using embedded C programming language
- Revising, updating, refactoring, and debugging code
- Improving existing algorithms and software
- Developing documentation throughout the hardware and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experienced in component selection, schematic capturing and PCB layout designing
- Skilled in programming using C language and developing firmware for embedded systems
- Debugging skills
- Previous experience in designing multi-layer mixed-signal PCBs and low-current analog circuitries
- Proficient in using KiCad or similar electronic design automation tools
- Knowledge of EMC and ESD immunity techniques
- Familiarity with Nordic Semiconductor BLE-based nRF5 series SoCs
- Previous experience in developing embedded firmware using Nordic Semiconductor nRF Connect SDK
- Previous experience with RTOS, preferably Zephyr RTOS
- Proficiency in using version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows environment-based scripts (e.g., Makefiles, bash scripting, PowerShell, etc.)
- A good communicator - your documentation provides context, is clear, and up-to-date. If something is unclear, you'll ask for clarification.
- You care about the end-users - have empathy for customers’ needs, and be able to spot opportunities to improve user experience
- Self-starter mindset: Ability to proactively identify and address issues and opportunities
- Start-up experience preferred
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
- Strong team player with an analytical and problem-solving approach
- Excellent project and time management abilities, including thorough and timely reporting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Impact-driven mindset, eager to make a positive difference for the company, product, users, and colleagues
- Comfortable with both hands-on tasks and strategic thinking
- Creativity and adaptability in identifying and pursuing new avenues of inquiry
- Keen attention to detail
About ZiO Health
ZiO Health is a medical technology & digital health company that has developed proprietary pocket-sized technology, bringing lab testing to the point of use.
We are changing the way we approach therapeutic drug monitoring and precision dosing. Our proprietary biosensor technology combined with AI-guided dosing allows us to provide immediate concentration results and personalized dose information to improve patient treatment outcomes and minimizing toxicity.
How to Apply
If you're interested in applying for this position, please send us a short introduction and your CV to email@example.com