About the Role
As an Aptamer Research Scientist, you will utilise your extensive aptamer knowledge to develop and implement the SELEX strategy for developing successful aptamer structures with flexible/effective conformational changes for electrochemical sensor applications.
We're growing fast! You will be joining us at an exciting stage of company growth therefore we’re looking for a highly motivated and talented Aptamer Research Scientist to join our team. You'll work alongside a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about using technology to improve healthcare.
We are self-driven and inspire others to continue to build on existing skills by giving you the tools you need to do so. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity to apply your expertise to the development of life-saving medical technology, ZiO Health is the place for you.
- Create an efficient SELEX strategy for developing and optimizing aptamer structure to achieve electrochemical sensor application.
- Design and execution of experimental strategies in consultation with the CSO, senior management and team
- Research novel technical concepts, assimilate information from published literature and critically apply the concepts in experimental design
- Perform extensive experiments to back the findings
- Prepare scientific reports and present to the board of directors and investors
- Contribute to the day-to-day planning and organization of R&D duties
- Experience in aptamer SELEX (capture-SELEX preferred);
- Experience in performing and analyzing aptamer affinity tests
- Experience in optimization of aptamer sequences
- Familiar with relevant software/online tools (e.g., Mfold) for single-stranded RNA/DNAaptamer 2D/3D structure prediction & function analysis
- Experience with electrochemical biosensors (preferred)
- Extensive laboratory experience in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology.
- Ability to generate and interpret technical data based on relevant projects
- A good record in publications
- Experience in statistical data analysis
- Good organisational skills with regular record keeping, and the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to meet milestones and deadlines
- Master’s/PhD in a relevant field - molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology, biosensors, biomaterials, electrochemistry, or other closely related field.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving ability and strong analytical skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong team player with an analytical and problem-solving approach.
- Excellent project and time management abilities, including thorough and timely reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Impact-driven mindset, eager to make a positive difference for the company, product, users, and colleagues.
- Comfortable with both hands-on tasks and strategic thinking
- Creativity and adaptability in identifying and pursuing new avenues of inquiry.
About ZiO Health
ZiO Health is a medical technology & digital health company that has developed proprietary pocket-sized technology, bringing lab testing to the point of use.
We are changing the way we approach therapeutic drug monitoring and precision dosing. Our proprietary biosensor technology combined with AI-guided dosing allows us to provide immediate concentration results and personalized dose information to improve patient treatment outcomes and minimise toxicity.
How to Apply
If you're interested in applying for this position, please send us a short introduction and your CV to email@example.com